Treating Customers Fairly
We are committed to treating customers fairly and ensuring that we treat our customers in the way that we would hope to be treated ourselves. We will be clear, supportive, honest and open in all that we do.
We are committed to ensuring that the Financial Conduct Authority principle of treating customers fairly is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.
Our commitment to you
• Provide you with clear information about the products and service we offer, including fees and charges
• Discuss your individual needs, preferences and circumstances before recommending any product
• Only recommend a product that we consider suitable for you and that you can afford – and always the most suitable from the available options
• Not recommend a product if we can’t find one we consider suitable
• Encourage you to ask if there’s anything you don’t understand
• Give you access to a formal complaints procedure should you become unhappy with our service
How you can help us
To help us give you the most appropriate advice, we will ask you to:
• Tell us as much as possible about your income and outgoings, to enable us to properly assess how much you can afford
• Let us know about changes that might affect your ability to repay a mortgage or be able to cover premiums for specific policies
• Let us know if there is any aspect of our service or the products that we have discussed that you do not understand
• Disclose all material facts that may influence the insurer when deciding to accept the risk.
Tell us if you think there are ways we can improve our service